Have you ever wondered whether it’s possible to transfer your hard earned Grand Theft Auto game saves and progress from one iPhone to another iPad or iPhone? Sure it is!
The following guide shows how to back up and transfer step-by-step your GTA San Andreas or Vice City game progress from one iPhone to another iOS device
1. First download a PC program that helps you back up iPhone games along with their game progress. The program is a free Beta called CopyTrans Apps:
2. Start the program on your computer and connect the original iPhone. You will see your rows of iPhone apps appear on the computer screen
3. Select your GTA game from the list
4. Click “Backup App”
5. Save the iPhone game to the computer location of your choice
6. For the backup process to begin, click “Ok”
7. Grand Theft Auto for iPhone is a pretty big application. Be patient until the game fully backs up on the computer
8. Once done, you will see the GTA IPA file at the location on your PC of your choice
Transfer GTA and its game progress to another iPhone
1. Connect the other iPhone or iPad to your computer with CopyTrans Apps running in the background
2. Click on the “Install App” button on top of the program window
3. Browse to the location where you saved GTA and its scores from your previous iPhone, click on the IPA file and click “Open”
4. Hang on until the game and the game data is loaded on the iPhone
5. This is how to transfer Grand Theft Auto along with game progress from one iPhone to another iOS device.
This article will show you how to easily transfer the iOS apps, app data, games and game saves from your old iPhone to a new iPhone.
There are at least two methods to transfer apps and games complete with documents, app data and game progress: via iTunes and via iCloud. I prefer the iCloud method as it offers an automated ‘computer’-less backup of the old device and a complete restore to the new iPhone or iPad. But if you are up to backing up and restoring only specific apps, you are better off with a third-party backup solution.
First, back up your old iPhone app data and game saves
CopyTrans Apps is a free Beta program which works on Windows PCs and allows you to transfer iOS apps complete with app preferences and documents between iPhones. Download CopyTrans Apps from here:
Once you run the program on your computer, connect the iPhone whose apps you wish to save. You will see the iPhone apps get listed on your PC screen
Choose the apps to backup and click on Backup App
You will now be allowed to browse to the PC location where to save your iPhone apps
Accept the following prompt by clicking on Ok
The apps are saved into individual IPA files on your PC. These files contain the apps themselves along with app documents and settings
Now restore the apps to the new iPhone
Connect your new iPhone to the PC. It’s apps appear in the program window
Drag and drop the IPA app files from the location on your computer to the main CopyTrans Apps window
Accept the prompt to install the app by clicking Ok
The apps and app documents are on your new iDevice
Backup and restore apps with iCloud
iCloud provides a convenient way to backup and restore your iPhone apps. iCloud’s limitation, however, is that you cannot choose what apps and app documents to restore to the new iPhone. The restore is holistic and re-instates the iPhone completely, replacing any previous information you did not back up.
The first step is to create a full backup of your old iPhone via iCloud.
To do so:
On the old iPhone or iPad, navigate to ‘Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Back Up Now’
Once the backup completes, go to the new iPhone and and follow through the ‘Set Up iPhone’ wizard. Tap “Restore from iCloud Backup. Then enter your iCloud account credentials and tap “Next” to continue
Agree to the general terms of usage and select the iCloud backup from which to restore.
NOTE: be careful to use the same iOS version on your old iPhone at the time of backup as on your new iPhone. I have both devices running iOS 7.1
Once the backup of your old iPhone is restored to the new device, let all of your apps download. All your iPhone settings, apps, app data and games have been restored to the new iPhone.